Last summer we were in a silly souvenir shop in South Lake Tahoe when Jack stumbled upon a ‘coon skin cap. He immediately fell in love the look and began asking about Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett… and ultimately his Halloween costume was born. Jack, like his mom, loves Halloween and takes great pride in his costume. He spent the last month or more researching Davy Crockett so he would get all the details right.
My dad (pictured above) had a old bison horn he made into a powder horn. Like the lady bug candy tote in Kate’s costume, the powder horn is the WOW factor of Jack’s costume.
Here’s what we used:
- Brown long sleeved shirt and brown pants
- Faux fur vest (found in the girls department at Target!)
- ‘Coon Skin Hat from local Outdoorsman shop
- Brown fringe from Walmart fabric department
- Faux leather satchel for candy (I made this myself… I winged it giving it an authentic “rustic” look. Ha!)